Thursday 24 January 2013

Botani - Eczema and kids

Had never come across eczema before and was quite surprised when the doctor told me that the persistent red rash on my daughters arms and face was eczema .Thankfully her condition is not too bad, especially now that I have learnt how to manage it. It tend to flare up in dry weather both in summer and winter.
A big flare up might call for a trip to the doctors for some steroid ointments and creams till the rash subsides. However by addressing the issue with preventive measures her skin has improved and does not flare up as often anymore.

A bath in luke warm, never hot water follwed by patting rather than rubbing her skin dry and then I apply her cream. Also I choose cotton fabric as much as possible as it does not irritate her skin.

Here are some of the products I really find helpful in treating and preventing eczema from Botani which is a wholly Australian owned and Vegan friendly company  -  

Website - http://www.botani.com.au/

Botani Olivene Balm
Have been using it for my daughters eczema as it soothes her skin from itching it and even as a nappy rash ointment. Just love, love, love this product!! It not just soothes and forms a barrier in areas that are dry and red but actually stops the itchy feeling immediately. Cannot recommend it enough! It comes in a neat screw top jar, and has a thick solid consistency, looks almost like softened candle wax. It has no fragrance except for a mild waxy Olive smell. It is not greasy like Vaseline whih just forms a barrier but just absorbs into the skin within a few minutes of applying. Have used it on dry areas like my elbows, heels and around my nose. The area around my nose was dry and itchy and I stopped feeling any discomfort within a day! I didn't develop any acne as a result of using it on my face either.


Botani Phytobodywash

Have been using the Botani Phyto bodywash for my daughter who suffers from eczema with excellent results. It does not foam very much but is very soothing and gentle on the skin. It contains Calendula to relive itching and inflammation. Lemon Myrtle that has antibacterial and fungicide properties and Moringa for moisturizing the skin. It can be used as a shampoo for short hair but have just used it as a body wash. The fragrance is very herbal and mild. Her skin has greatly improved in appearance and she feels relief from the itching after her bath.
When her skin gets especially red and inflammed I use the Botani Phytoseptic Cream
 An excellent addition to our first aid kit as can be used for everything from cuts and scratches to nappy rash. Its a light green in colour but when rubbed gently into skin blends in with skin colour and does not stand out as such. has a medicinal but pleasant herbal smell. I even used it soothe the redness and inflammation from a splinter on my husbands finger till it came out.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment