Wednesday 16 January 2013

Home Baking - Hot Cross Buns

As its the school holidays have been enjoying experimenting with Baking. Not just the usual cakes and cookies, but Breads, Pizza and yesterday even Hot Cross Buns! And even some Home Made Cottage Cheese called Paneer.
While I know Easter is ages away, I wanted to use the extra free time to practice so I can be a pro come Good Friday!



I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to make home baked breads and buns, preservative free! Not to mention the wonderful aroma pervading the house! And NO, I did not spend all day in the kitchen, they were pretty simple and easy to follow. I rely heavily on the Australian Women's Weekly BAKE cook book, it has become my bible for bakery! And to think I almost did not allow my hubby to pick it up for $20 hard cover edition from Aldi's!

No comments:

Post a Comment